Thursday, July 20, 2006

INTIMIDATION

We met several years ago. I am more than 20 years older her senior. I had just accepted a job with a new company. She was introduced as the company’s operations officer. Since that was my previous profession I said “I will have your job”. She didn’t blink but smiled and said “we will see”. In a previous life I had been shot at and have shot back. I had risen to the top of my profession for my specialty. I was a leader of men and women. She intimidated me……………………
One day a few months later she invited me to lunch. I was in the 7th grade again. It was totally innocent – two professionals discussing logistics and operations. Put a gun to my head and I can only remember that it was a Chinese buffet. I nodded and babbled a lot. Why did she have this power over me? I had been tested and found to have an A+ type personality yet here I was stumbling over my words and thoughts as I talked to this “kid”. Did she have some sort of “magic” power? Was I blinded by her beauty (and yes she is a looker)? Was I just being a horny dirty old man? I have now finally realized it wasn’t (isn’t) her knockout looks. It is what is between her ears that overwhelmed me then and (fortunately for me) continues to make me realize that this is one amazing woman.
I don’t want to know and I don’t want to imagine what an empty shell I would be if she were not my friend.
And oh by the way, we once decided to try to move our friendship to the “next” level. We both dissolved in hysterical laughter. Imagine if you will being nekkid in a hotel with a beautiful woman and all both of you can do is giggle uncontrollably.
Babe, thanks for being my best friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home